Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Peanut Butter

Did you know there's an entire blog devoted to peanut butter?

Peggy over at The Peanut Butter Blog found our lunch bags on etsy and was kind enough to feature us in her post today! It's always fun to be recognized and hear that someone likes your product.

I always thought peanut butter was a worldwide thing [actually if I'm being honest I never actively thought about who has access to peanut butter, but I definitely assumed it was pretty standard] so I was more than a little surprised last year when we had some relatives from Sweden come visit and say they had never even heard of peanut butter. What do the Swedish school children eat for lunch? Baltic herring and boiled potatoes? Uffda! as my Scandinavian relatives might say...

My mother insisted they try a peanut butter & jelly sandwich before leaving America. She thinks PB&J is so good that if peanut butter were really expensive to make it would take on the cultural cache of caviar and be reserved for special occasions and fancy parties. It was the most extravagant wedding I've ever attended--they had a 40 piece orchestra, vases and vases of imported fresh flowers, and they had servers walking around with trays of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches!

The sandwich did not go over well with the Swedish relatives, though I thought it was cute that one of them said she did like the "marmalade" (Welch's Grape Jelly, it wishes it was as refined as marmalade). In any event, visit Peggy's blog to see our bags and learn more about peanut butter than you ever thought possible...and remember, choosy moms really do choose JIF. Creamy JIF to be exact.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fitting post! I just finished making Andy's lunch which almost always contains a PB&J sandwhich. Truth be told, I don't like PB, but I know it's beloved by many so I was trying to think what the equivalent sandwich experience for me would be. A chocolate and marshmallow sandwich perhaps?